Treatment Resources for the Uninsured
In a nation with so many uninsured and homeless people, it is difficult to find treatment if you don't have insurance or a mint of money. The fine folks that started the Memphis War on Heroin Facebook page have compiled a list of treatment options for the uninsured in Tennessee and Mississippi. The list will be updated periodically. People seeking treatment from these facilities must be detoxed first.
Since I have not figured how to add documents, I have copied and pasted the info to this blog post. There is a link to this blog post on the "Take Action" tab of this website.
It's OK to get help!
Detox Resources for the Uninsured
There are no affiliations, these are suggestions from group members. Some of this information has been verified by Admins, some not. If you have updates, please post in group and tag Admins.
1. Crisis Stabilization Unit at Memphis Mental Health Institute - “MMHI”
Run by Alliance Mental Address: 951 Court Ave, Memphis, TN 38103
2. Pathways Behavioral Health Services 238 Summar Drive Jackson, TN 38301 Phone: 1-731-541-8200 Length of stay for detox: 5-7 days Comfort meds only, client will be seen by a Nurse Practitioner or a Psychiatrist Group counseling Staff can assist with longer term residential placement once detox completed Client would need to come with a family member to facility, it may take 2-3 hours to determine if there is a bed available. Beds are given on a first come, first served basis. If no bed available, client would need to be able to be transported with a family member.
3. Centerpointe – Knox County (Helen Ross McNabb Center)
5310 Ballcamp Pike Knoxville, TN 37920
Intake Coordinator – Matt
Length of stay for detox: 5-6 days Staff can assist with residential placement after detox, average wait is 1 month
4. Frontier Health
301 W. Watauga Avenue Johnson City, TN 37604
Waiting list – first come first serve basis. Could be sent to CALM center. May require medical clearance through a local ER (if not medically stable, can’t be seen at CALM center) Length of stay for detox: 3-7 days (varies) Client would then be discharged and set up for outpatient treatment They could assist with finding residential placement, wait list for this is about 1 month.
Bottom of Form
Programs for Uninsured – must be detoxed first:
1. Serenity Recovery Center Must detox first, then can wait for a residential bed to become available.
Phone: 1-888-521-1131 1094 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38105
2. Memphis Recovery Center Phone: 1-866-304-8254 215 N. Montgomery Street Memphis, TN 38104 Client needs to call and wait will be determined Residential, partial and intensive outpatient program
3. Synergy Treatment Center Toll-free: 1-844-779-0820 Phone: 1-901-332-2227 Fax: 1-901-332-0477
2305 Airport Interchange Ave. Memphis, TN 38132
One year program First 5-6 weeks is intensive phase, next 10.5 months client will be offered job placement and basic education classes Job examples may include: pallet jack and forklift operation, order filling, auto body repair, auto detail, golf course grounds maintenance and construction, customer service, security, facility maintenance, merchandising, stocking and rotation of inventory, equipment maintenance, landscaping, janitorial, mail sorting, laundry, meal preparation, etc
4. First Step Recovery Center 522-1002 1950 Madison Ave Memphis, TN 38104
5. Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center
2649 Kirby Whitten Pkwy
Memphis, TN 38133
Phone: 901-531-1750 ext 57214 (April Wombles)
This is a 7 month, faith based, work therapy program. Criteria: photo ID * DL or state ID* social security card OR Birth certificate, negative TB test in the last year *free at Shelby County health dept*, 30 day supply of any meds, ages 21- 65, no registered sex offenders or schizophrenia diagnosis, no physical disabilities that would hinder you from working an 8 hr day, program is FREE to those with no income, MUST be able to pass a clean drug screen *except marijuana*.
6. Haven House
152A Hwy 7 South Oxford, MS 38655 Phone: 662-234-7237 (Option 1 – Nikki Thomas) Fax: 662-513-4100
Haven House has a sliding scale fee system, but also has grant beds available for heroin/opiate addicts. The program is 28 days and if you are doing well and apply for transition, you can inter the vocational rehab program, which means you’ll work to pay for 60 additional days.
7. Harbor House
Deborah 901.743.1836, ext. 2230.
8. JACOA - Jackson Area Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency ask for Francis, 721.423.3653,
9. Fairland, Clarksdale MS